11.10.2006

Not Smart, Mathman

Last night I was bringing in the birdbath from our back yard. My father made it the week before he passed away. The top of the birdbath is shaped like a large leaf. He used a rhubarb leaf as a mold for the top. The bottom is a cylinder that measures about 21 inches high with a diameter of 7 inches. The entire thing is made of concrete. Well, I got the top of the birdbath into the garage from the back yard alright, but I took a bit of a shortcut with the base. We have a fairly sleep, although short, hill at the side of our driveway. Instead of carrying the heavy base all the way down to the sidewalk and then back up the driveway, I tried to carry it down the hill. While going down the hill, the weight of the base caused me to fall, twisting my ankle. My left ankle and knee are still quite a bit sore today. Fortunately, the base survived the fall, so we will be able to put the birdbath out next spring. I better get limping off to work.

No comments: