11.06.2006

Midterm Election

Well the day is almost here. The midterm elections are being held tomorrow. I've made up my mind about how I am voting in almost every race on the ballot. I still have to decide who I am going to vote for for secretary of agriculture and how I am going to vote on the public measure on the ballot - whether or not the number of members on the Linn County Board of Supervisors will increase from three to five. One race that I have decided on but am conflicted about is for the second congressional district. I am going to vote for incumbent Jim Leach's challenger Dave Loebsack. I think Congressman Leach has done a good job in Washington, but I think it is more important right now for the Democrats to take back control of the House. I think Loebsack will be able to do an adequate job if elected and his getting elected can help return power on the House of Representatives to the Democrats. Whoever wins the elections tomorrow, I'm just going to be glad that the political ads on TV will be done for a while!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I also voted Loebsack today for pretty much the same reason. I like Leach and I respect him, but he's had the job for 30 years. Time to give someone else a chance and improve the chances of the Dems taking over the House.