11.05.2006

Busy Weekend

Mel and I thought that we'd be having a pretty uneventful weekend this weekend. We had originally planned on just staying home, but Saturday morning, Anita, one of Mel's coworkers and a former student of mine, came over to use our computer. She told us that a couple other coworkers were planning on going out to dinner and we were, of course, invited. So, instead of eating at home Saturday night, Mel and I joined her coworkers Anita, Penny, and Mel (yes, Mel works with another Mel) for dinner at Granite City. The food is good there, but a bit pricey, and the serving size of my entree was smaller than I expected it to be. We wanted desert, but we wanted to go somewhere a little less expensive, so we went to the Village Inn for desert. After dinner and desert, we all took a trip to Target and then we all ended up back at our house. We played a couple games, Scene It and Scattergories. That was a lot of fun.

Today, my in-laws came to visit. It was nice seeing them and they hadn't been to our house in a while. We went out to lunch with them to Ruby Tuesday. It was our first visit there. The food was good, but I thought that Red Robin had a much more variety in the burgers on their menu. We may end up going to Ruby Tuesday again. It probably would not be my first choice for a casual dining restaurant, but the food was still good.

1 comment:

Brent said...

I've heard not so good things about Granite City, including the price and portions.
I visited my first Ruby Tuesday's when I was in Washington, D.C. and Balitmore last year. It was good, but, like you said, nothing that would make a top ten list. Sometimes just getting good food is enough.