11.29.2006

Computer Issues

My work computer is finally working again! On Monday I had a major issue with it. I tried restarting my computer after some updates were installed, but the computer would not start up. I was able to get a spare computer at work to use while mine was being worked on. That's a good thing, because it is pretty hard for me to do much of what I need to do at work without a computer. Yesterday, the computer technicians returned my computer to me. It was running a lot faster than before and, except for losing some files since I hadn't backed anything up lately, I was pretty pleased. That was until I got home. I had intended on getting some work done at home last night, but my computer wouldn't connect to our home network. Well, I got that working today, which is very good since I will be out of the office for nine days beginning next Monday. Also, it's nice to know that I can connect my computer to the work network from home in the event that the weather is too bad tomorrow to get to work.

3 comments:

homercles said...

Here's hoping. C'mon two-hour delay!

Brent said...

I talked to a police officer in Cedar Rapids today, but neglected to ask how the weather was. I thought you folks missed the storm as much was we did.

Aaron said...

We did. :(
I had to go to work and work from the office, but I think I got a lot more done than if I had worked from home today.