8.01.2008

Restocking the Aquarium

I have had a fish aquarium for the past several years. When we listed our house in Cedar Rapids for sale though, we got rid of the fish. With the aquarium in the living room, the room just seemed too crowded. Now that we are settled into our new house in Minnesota, I decided it was time to get the aquarium going again.

Several months ago, the pump that came with the aquarium broke and our local pet store didn't have a replacement, so I replaced it with a different pump. The replacement pump worked, but it didn't fit in the aquarium well and it made cleaning it more difficult. So earlier this week, I looked online and found the parts that I needed to put a pump like the original one in the aquarium. The parts arrived today and I was looking forward to getting the aquarium set up tonight so I could get some fish in a few days. However, I just discovered that the company I ordered the parts from sent the wrong pump. It looks like they sent the pump for an Eclipse 6 system when I have an Eclipse 2. There is no way this pump will work. I will call them up tomorrow to speak with them about sending the pump back and getting the correct one. Hopefully it can arrive soon as I would like to have some fish in my office to keep me company during the day when I am working.

No comments: