8.22.2008

Recap of the Past Week

Last Saturday morning, Mel, Emma, and I headed back to Iowa for the weekend. Saturday was my grandmother's eighty-ninth birthday, so we went to her house for dinner to celebrate. Also at her house were my cousin and his wife who live about an hour or so away from us. I find it a bit ironic that we have to drive several hours to Keystone, Iowa, to see family that lives relatively close to us. Maybe we can get together sometime up here in the cities. As I expected, I ate way too much at my grandmother's house.

We spent the evening at my mother's house along with my sister. Then on Sunday, we stopped at Mel's grandmother's house which was on our way home from Waterloo, where my mother lives. We spent a few hours there. We had brought KFC chicken and biscuits with us, so once again I ate a bit too much. However, when I checked my weight for my weekly weigh-in on Wednesday, I had actually lost 0.6 pound since the previous Wednesday.

With my weight hovering around 205 pounds for the past several months, I decided I am going to change my goal with Weight Watchers to maintain this current weight rather than trying to lose any additional weight. I think it would be nice to get my weight down to 195 pounds, but I do not feel unhealthy at my current weight, and my clothes fit, for the most part.

Not much else eventful happened this week. Well, I guess I could mention the hour or so I spent at a Verizon location to get my cell phone replaced as it had broken last weekend. Fortunately, the Verizon employee replaced it under the phone's warranty. The outer plastic of the phone cracked by the hinge, causing the flip part to have difficulties staying closed. They could have said that the crack was because of misuse, but the rest of the phone looked good, so he considered to have just failed. So I now have a new, although identical to my previous one, cell phone. However, I did lose the ringtones I downloaded.

No comments: