8.15.2008

New Fish

Tonight we finally got some fish for the aquarium. I had only intended on starting out with two or three fish, but we ended up buying seven of them. We got three tiger barbs (Puntius tetrazona), an albino tiger barb which is shown in the photo on the right, a red-tail tinfoil barb (Barbonymus schwanenfeldii), and one more fish which is abbreviated on my receipt at lep. fasciatum (I don't remember its name). All seven of the fish seem to be adapting quite nicely to their new home. I just hope they don't decide to start eating each other, but the employee who helped us at PetSmart said that they should all get along just fine in the same aquarium.

Update: Thanks to some research by my brother-in-law, the unknown fish has been identified as a black-banded leporinus (Leporinus fasciatus).

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Is this the other fish that you got?

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/characins2/a/leporinus.htm