8.25.2008

Sold!

As of last Friday afternoon, we are the proud owners of just one house with the sale of our house in Cedar Rapids closing around 5:30 that day. It actually came pretty close to not closing as I got a call from our Realtor early in the afternoon. Apparently there had been a disconnect in how we and our Realtor read the purchase agreement and how the buyers and their agent intended for it to be understood. It turned out that the buyers thought they were getting $4,000 more from us for closing costs and down payment assistance than we thought we were providing. Eventually everything got worked out, although we did up contributing a bit more money than we had originally anticipated. I am just glad that the sale was completed before we will have to make another house payment. I didn't care for the idea of making two different house payments for a second month.

With everything we put into our house in Cedar Rapids, I hope the new owners manage to take care of it. I especially hope they don't lose the house to foreclosure. That could hurt the neighborhood, and we had some terrific neighbors there on Sheridan Drive in Cedar Rapids. I am concerned though because the buyers were participating in a down payment assistance program in which we, the sellers, provided some of the money for their down payment. If they didn't have the money for the down payment, I don't know how they can afford the house. I guess time will show if they make things work out.

No comments: