8.03.2008

Star Wars at the Science Museum

On Saturday, Emma and I went to the Science Museum of Minnesota to see the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit. Mel would have come along, but her brother was in town and asked if we could watch their kids for the afternoon and overnight. The younger of their two children, who is five months old, stayed at our house with Mel, and my other nephew, who is two, came along with us to the museum. At the museum we met up with my mother, my sister, and another friend of ours.

I enjoyed the Star Wars exhibit, and there were a lot of interactive activities to do. Unfortunately, since I was with a one-year-old and a two-year-old, it was hard to do many of the activities. Also it was very busy at the museum and that made it even harder to try everything out. Nevertheless, there were a lot of neat things to look at, including many models and costumes used in the various Star Wars movies.
The following are a couple of photos from the exhibit. The first photo shows Luke Skywalker’s landspeeder from A New Hope.

And this photo shows Emma and me with a stormtrooper. I tried to get my nephew’s photo with a stormtrooper as well, but he seemed to be scared of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth and Justin went to that exhibit as part of their little honeymoon. lol.

Later!
Anna

Nelle said...

I know they call the oldest movie "A New Hope", but it will always be just plain old STAR WARS to me. ;-)

That sounds like it was a lot of fun.