4.20.2008

The Weekend

This weekend was a pretty good one, although it did start quite early when Emma woke up around 5:00 in the morning. She finally surrendered to taking a nap around 9:30. So, since Mel and I were still tired, we went back to bed when Emma took her nap. Waking up around 11:30 did make Saturday seem to go by much too quickly though. We did our grocery shopping in the afternoon and then rented a couple of movies from the Mr. Movies down the street from us.

The movie that we had originally wanted to rent, which prompted us to go to Mr. Movies in the first place, was Juno. Unfortunately there were no copies of that available. So we ended up renting two different movies. The first move we watched was Knocked Up. The movie began quite well, but after the DVD froze up or jumped back to earlier in the move three times, I went back to the video store to exchange the disc. The replacement copy worked much better, but it still froze up once toward the end. We both enjoyed the movie. It was quite funny, and I am glad that we rented that movie.

After Knocked Up, we watched Mr. Woodcock, starring Seann William Scott, Billy Bob Thornton, and Susan Sarandon. The movie was about a young man (Scott), who became an accomplished author. He returned home to accept an award only to learn that his mother (Sarandon) is dating his former gym teacher (Thornton) who acted quite sadistically toward his students. It was funny, although it wasn't as good as Knocked Up.

This afternoon, Mel and I went on our first bike ride of the year. In fact, I believe it was our first bike ride since RAGBRAI last summer. We brought Emma along with us, riding in the Burley we bought a few weeks ago. I don't think she particularly enjoyed the ride. Perhaps it will just take some time for her to get used to it. We ended up riding for about an hour, traveling about ten miles. Pulling a trailer behind my bike sure made for a different experience in riding. I was not able to go as fat as I would have liked, and I lost some maneuverability with my bike, but it was fun bringing Emma along.

No comments: