4.10.2008

Tornado Warning

This evening I was babysitting the son of one of Mel's coworkers while Mel and the coworker went out for dinner and drinks. While we were watching SpongeBob SquarePants, I heard a siren going off outside. Turning the channel to one of the local stations, I learned that we were under a tornado warning. So, I grabbed Emma, and the three of us headed downstairs. As has been the case with every tornado warning I have experienced since moving back to Cedar Rapids in 2005, absolutely nothing happened anywhere near our house. A little over an hour later, we were able to return upstairs, and I was finally able to put Emma to bed. Since she got to bed a little late tonight, hopefully she sleeps later than usual in the morning.

1 comment:

jonathansmith68 said...

"As has been the case with every tornado warning... absolutely nothing happened anywhere near our house." So true! We were having an Office "Back from the Writers Strike" Party and the stupid "Breaking Weather Alert" made us miss the entire episode!