4.16.2008

I'm Back

Ok, so my break from blogging didn't last very long. In fact, I regularly have a few days between postings. Anyway, I am back to blogging.

This week is the one week in April that my wife works evenings. That means that my daughter and I have some time alone together. Each night this week, we have gone on a walk after dinner. Walking for about half an hour each evening this week has helped me to reach my goal of walking at least ten thousand steps each of these nights. I also credit it with helping me in my weight loss of two pounds for the week. This is the first time since January 8 of this year that I have had two consecutive weeks of weight loss.

Another thing that has helped me to reach my goal of ten thousands steps in a day has been following Emma around the house. In the past week or so Emma has really taken off with walking. She walks all over the house, often times she will walk down to our bedroom and then return with the remote control for that room's TV. I don't know what her fascination with the remote control is, but she loves carrying that thing.

Another recent development in Emma's life is the fact that she can now go to sleep on her own. For most nights until her birthday last month, we would hold Emma in the evening until she went to sleep. However, shortly after her first birthday, we decided that we needed to put an end to that. The first three or four nights of getting her to go to sleep on her own were quite trying. She would scream for minutes and minutes on end when we left her in her room. We started working on a bedtime routine, and now we can lay her in bed around 7:30. She may play around in bed for a few minutes, but she usually quiets down quickly. Within fifteen minutes she is usually asleep.

So, those have been the developments with Emma recently. I continue to be amazed with the new things she does.

No comments: