7.18.2006

My Damned Honesty

Once again, trying to do the right thing doesn't pay off. As I have previously written about, my wife and I bought a new car at the end of January. This car came with an XM satellite radio with three free months of service. We enjoyed listening to the XM radio, but we decided it wasn't worth paying the $13 or so each month that the service would cost to continue after three months. April ended and I was expecting the XM radio to stop working. It continued to work. Recently I decided that I had better call them because I would hate to get a bill for months of service. Apparently the ID connected to our XM radio was not associated with any other information, so they had no idea that the radio was working I guess. We could have continued listening to the XM radio for free! Anyway, the customer service representative said it would be deactivated soon. Maybe he did something wrong, because four hours later, when I was driving home from work, I noticed that the radio was still working. If it continues to work I can be comfortable with the fact that I tried to do the right thing and be honest. It's not my fault if the customer service representative didn't properly deactivate my radio.

7 comments:

Brent said...

I'm usually on the other end of the stick, where I try to cancel the service and they continue to provide it, and charge me. I hope you enjoy some free music!!

Bob said...

Mathman, did you go to Jefferson?

Aaron said...

Yes I did Bob.

Bob said...

What year did you graduate, mathman?
I was class of 89, and you look marginally familiar.

Aaron said...

1991, I also went to Taft and Truman

Bob said...

OK, I wouldn't have really known you unless you were in the band or crew of west side when I was a senior. I just thought maybe I'd seen you.

Aaron said...

I was in orchestra, and my dad was the orchestra director at Jeff from fall 1987 to spring 1990.