7.04.2006

Happy Independence Day!

I hope everyone is having a happy Independence Day. Mel and I took the opportunity to relax most of the day. We did go see Superman Returns this afternoon. It was a good movie. I am really glad that I watched the 1978 Superman earlier this weekend on the satellite TV. Some of the lines from this movie were taken directly from the original movie and other parts made references to parts of that movie. I also liked how the opening credits were similar in style to the original Superman, and even though he didn't compose the music for the movie, John Williams's original Superman theme was of course used. We enjoyed the movie, even though it was a bit long. It seemed to me that there were parts that could have been cut some.

This was the second movie we had seen in four days. We saw The Da Vinci Code on Saturday. It was also a good movie. It was full of action and I really liked Tom Hanks's character. He wasn't the typical hero from an action film, but it really worked in this movie. The movie also brought up some interesting ideas. Now I think I should read the book.

We'll be seeing another movie next weekend when Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest opens.

1 comment:

captain creative said...

I will gladly loan you the book once I have finished it. Hope to have it read by this weekend.