7.09.2006

Beer, Beer, Beer

Last night Mel and I went to the wedding reception for her supervisor from work. We went with a few other of her coworkers, one of whom happens to be a former student of mine from when I taught at Highland in Riverside, Iowa. It was a lot of fun, considering that I knew neither the bride nor the groom. We all pretty much sat at our table at the back of the reception hall. I kept walking across the room to the tap to keep our pitcher of beer full. I much say that we had plenty to drink.

I had been thinking about relaxing a bit this morning before starting to work on cleaning the basement, but I think I will go out for a bike ride instead. I could use some exercise to burn off the calories from all that beer. Besides, today will be the last day I have a chance to go cycling as I'll be in Minnesota for work all this week. My goal is to ride at least 25 miles today. I was hoping to reach that point yesterday, but I came up 1.12 miles short. At least I didn't get a flat tire this time. In fact, I think I will follow the same route I was riding last Monday when I did get a flat tire. This time I'll keep a better eye out for glass!

2 comments:

Brent said...

I love bike riding, though I don't get to do it as much I want. A 25 mile ride is wonderful. I took my boys (8 and 11) on a 14 mile ride and I think I nearly killed them. It was 90 degrees and no wind. I'm sure they will hold it against me for the rest of my life.

Aaron said...

I actually ended up riding nearly 37 miles yesterday. At least it wasn't 90 degrees with no wind. Ugh!