3.06.2006

The Weekend

Mel and I had a busy weekend. Saturday afternoon we saw The Lion King at the Civic Center in Des Moines. It was a great show, even if the seats are not all that comfortable. I would recommend the show to anyone. If you can, go see it! After The Lion King, we went to dinner in Ankeny with Mel's family. We stayed that night at Mel's sister's house in Ankeny. Sunday was our nephew's fifth birthday and we had a party.

When we got back to Cedar Rapids, Mel and I stopped at the hospital to see my grandfather. He was taken there Saturday evening. It looks like he may need surgery. Mel and I are a bit concerned since he is 89 years old and not in the best of health. We visited him again tonight and he seems to be feeling alright. He still doesn't know what exactly is wrong. The doctor is going to see him tomorrow to explain that. We are, of course, hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'll send my prayers to your grandpa.

I love Ankney. I miss it so much. That is where I taught for three years.