3.17.2006

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I hope everyone has had a happy Saint Patrick's Day. My day was pretty good. I took the day off from work. I figured with all of the stress at work lately, I could really use a day off. I did end up working about half an hour this morning, but it was just trying to get my timesheet for the week submitted. I had problems submitting it last night, but by then the help desk at work was closed. So I had to do it this morning.

I had some success today fixing my computer. It had been making a low-pitched beeping sound and the fan whirred loudly when the power switch was pressed. I figured out the meaning of the beeps and the diagnostic lights on the back and I fixed the computer. It was pretty easy really. I just removed the memory then put it back in. Somehow it must have come loose.

Mel, two of her coworkers, and I went downtown to see the Saint Patrick's Day parade. I have never been to that parade in Cedar Rapids. I was surprised that it lasted a good hour. Before the parade, we had some drinks at Dublin City, a bar downtown. I had the customary green beer, as well as some green punch.

While we watched the parade, we notice a woman who was wearing an fairly revealing outfit. We suspected that she had a lot to drink prior to arriving at the parade.



3 comments:

Sara said...

This is exactly something I would do. I once took several pictures of a woman at a bar because I was blown away by her outfit.

Anonymous said...

Um, you've been to Vegas. You define that outfit as revealing? I think perhaps you didn't pay enough attention when you were here. Lol.

Me said...

Of course, IC is the flippy skirt haven of the midwest . . .