5.29.2009

Up Till Now

I have finished reading my first book of the year, finally. I do not tend to read very much, but now that most of the TV shows I watch are in reruns for the summer, I should have time to get some reading done.

The first book I read this year was William Shatner's most recent autobiography, Up Till Now.I have read previous autobiographies of his, Star Trek Memories and Get a Life!,both of which I enjoyed. This book revealed many more interesting details about Shatner's life, and it was pretty humorous at times. Throughout the book William Shatner kept plugging his website and the various products he sells there.

I especially enjoyed reading about the time Shatner spent in Iowa creating the show Invasion Iowa.Of course what made that part really interesting to me was that I taught at the high school in Riverside, Iowa, for three years, so I personally knew about the locations he mentioned when he was there. In fact, one of my students from when I taught there was in the program.

The only real complaint I have about the book is that it jumped around quite a bit. It may have been easier to follow if it followed his life in more of a chronological order instead, but that is a minor complaint. Overall it was an enjoyable read, and it gave me more insight into William Shatner's life.

No comments: