5.17.2009

Family Bike Ride


Emma After a Bike Ride
Originally uploaded by mathman72
The weather was good this evening, so Mel, Emma, and I went out for a bike ride after dinner. Mel rode her new recumbent bike. This was her first real ride on the bike since buying in recently. Oh, she had gone for a short ride around the block before, but she hadn't gone on any other rides before this evening.

I rode my road bike pulling Emma who was riding in the Burley trailer. This was the first time Emma rode in the Burley since last summer. At that time she was not too thrilled with riding in it, but she seemed to enjoy it much more this time. Before getting into her seat, Emma was really excited about going for a ride. She had fun, although she did fall asleep during the ride.

Pulling the Burley did slow down the ride a bit. We rode for 35 minutes and ended up going either 8.8 miles or 6.6 miles, depending on whose bike computer to trust. Perhaps I should make sure I set Mel's computer up correctly for her bike.

In other bike news, I sold the Univega Modo Vivere road bike I got after my previous bike's frame broke in 2001 when riding on RAGBRAI XXIX. I listed it for sale on Craigslist yesterday, and within two hours of placing the ad, I had two people email to express interest in buying it. I rode that bike on RAGBRAIs in 2002 through 2004. It was replaced with the bike I got that my dad bought shortly before passing away in 2005. The Univega was a good bike, and it fit me better than the Cannondale I am riding now, but the Cannondale is a much better ride.

No comments: