5.14.2009

Goodnight Emma

For the past couple of weeks, ever since the cat scared the crap out of her, getting Emma to go to bed as been extremely difficult. That first night she slept in my lap all night as I slept sitting up in the recliner in the living room. Then almost every night since then, we spent a very long time getting Emma to go to bed. Most of those nights I had to hold her while sitting in what she calls the cuddle chair, until she fell asleep. I then had to carefully move her to her bed with her waking up. This had the effect of effectively pushing her bedtime back from 7:30 until some time between 9:00 and 10:00.

As if that wasn't enough, except for the past two nights, and last Saturday night, Emma awoke in the middle of the night, usually between 2:00 and 4:00, calling for me to cuddle with her. I then had to cuddle with her in the living room chair to get her to return to sleep, and most nights I was unable to get her back into her bed without her waking up. So for about two weeks, I have only been able to sleep half the night in bed with the remainder of the night spent sleeping in a chair.

Last night and tonight however, we were able to get Emma into bed before she fell asleep, and she was sleeping by 8:00. To top it off, she slept all through the night the past two nights. I do wish she would have slept a bit later instead of getting up at 5:30 though.

On a similar topic, Emma's mood has significantly improved over the past couple of weeks. She even wants to associate with Mommy, although it seems that Daddy is the one with whom she wants to cuddle with the most.

No comments: