4.25.2009

Saturday with Emma

With Mel still in Cedar Rapids, I spent the day with Emma. I was happy that she let me sleep in until 6:20 this morning instead of waking me up at 5:30 as she did the previous two days. Late this morning, Emma and I went to the Mall of America. We had a ten-dollar gift certificate for the Build-a-Bear Workshop, so I thought it would be fun to go make a new teddy bear. We picker out one of the ten-dollar bears and made it. We didn't end up buying any accessories for the bear, so I ended up having to pay just the sales tax for the bear.

After making the Build-a-Bear, we drove over to IKEA. I had been wanting to go there to simply browse a bit. While we were there, we also stopped for lunch. Emma did a good job with her lunch, drinking her entire milk, eating all of her applesauce, and about half of her macaroni and cheese. After eating we finished looking through the store before returning home.

When we got home, it was time for Emma to take a nap. I had hoped that she would fall asleep shortly after leaving IKEA, but she waited until we were about five minutes from home before she finally went to sleep. Unfortunately she woke up when I got her out of the car. Getting her to go back to sleep for her nap proved to be very difficult. She eventually took a short nap, but it wasn't long enough.

After Emma's brief nap, we stopped at the grocery store and then headed to Erik's Bikes in Woodbury where we needed to pick up the rear wheel to Mel's bike. We had dropped it off the day befofe for a minor repair. We also met my sister there. She was shopping for a new bike. Shortly before we left, Jon, my cousin's husband, showed up with his son. After we left the bike store, the five of us went to dinner. Jon and his son were alone this weekend as well. After dinner we returned home and Emma got ready for bed. She went to bed without much of a problem tonight. I really would like her to sleep until 7:00 or later, but I doubt that will happen.

No comments: