4.11.2009

The Dark

One should be careful when walking around in the dark. Last night Mel and I went to bed early because we were both tired. However, shortly after going to bed, we heard one of our cell phones ring. Mel went upstairs and discovered that it was not hers, so I went up to check my cell phone in the office. After returning the call that I had missed, I turned off the lights in the office and then began to proceed through the kitchen to the stairs. Earlier in the evening we had run the dishwasher and we had opened the door to let the dishes air out, saving the energy the dishwasher would have used to dry them. Unfortunately, with the lights off, I did not see the opened dishwasher door and I ran right into it. As I was falling forward, all I could do was think"oh shit!" And once I landed on the floor, I promptly proclaimed such out loud! Fortunately I was not severely injured. I just banged up my right leg a little, and none of the dishes were broken. I do think that the dishwasher door has been damaged though as it was very difficult to close the dishwasher. I am guessing that the home warranty we have will not cover this type of damage.

No comments: