4.14.2009

Easter Weekend

We had a really good Easter weekend. Saturday morning, Mel, Emma, and I drove to my mom's condo in Waterloo, Iowa. My sister was supposed to come along as well, but her back was bothering her so she didn't think the three-and-a-half-hour ride in the truck would be all that great for her. We had lunch at Carlos O'Kelly's, after which we went to a park near my mom's home. Emma really enjoyed going down the slides at the park. They had three slides. For quite a while, Emma would only go down the smallest slide. Eventually, after seeing a boy who was just six months older than her go down the other slides, she eventually tried the twisty slide, which she ended up enjoying as well. Finally she tried the tunnel slide, which she also loved. She didn't want to leave the park, but when we got back to my mom's place, she was so tired that she took a nap.

Easter morning we went to my mom's church. Emma behaved fairly well which is good since she hasn't had much experience with going to church lately, except for the time Emma and I joined my mom at my sister's church last month, we haven't been to church since before moving to Minnesota. It seems like we are turning into Easter-only Christians. Actually, I think we plan on remedying that soon. We need to find a church here. We just have to decide which church to go to.

After church, we went to my aunt and uncle's house in Hudson for dinner. We had a yummy dinner. After dinner we had a birthday cake for Emma's birthday which was last month, and she opened some additional birthday presents. It seems that at just two years of age, Emma had really gotten into opening presents. Once we let her open her presents, she quickly ripped into them, throwing the clothes aside to get to the toys and books.

We didn't get back home until fairly late, but we had a great weekend.

No comments: