5.29.2008

Upgrading the Computer

Over the past year, our home computer has been performing slower and slower. I have tried a few remedies to fix this performance issue with the machine. I tried removing a lot of software from the machine, I added an external hard drive to free up hard drive space, and I cleaned the computer's registry. All of these seemed to result in minor improvements in the speed of the computer. Well yesterday I finally ordered some additional memory for the computer. It arrived today, and once I got it installed, the computer has begun performing much, much better! Applications are no longer crashing left and right, and I can switch from one application to another without having to wait minutes for the other application's window to become active. Now my computer has 2.5 gigabytes of RAM instead of just 512 megabytes. I really wish I would have done this months ago as it has been very frustrating at times waiting for the computer to respond to an input.

No comments: