5.05.2008

Playhouse Disney

The past week, Emma and I have begun watching some children's TV programming on the Disney Channel after Mel goes to work and before I take Emma to daycare. I have to say that I have become a fan of Higglytown Heroes, which airs at 6:30 a.m. central time. In case you are not familiar with the show, it is about four preschoolers and their squirrel friend. They usually end up in a situation in which they need help, and along comes a person from the town, the "hero," to help. They always sing the same song, with some lyrics adapted for the specific hero. This weekend, I had that damn song stuck in my head for at least a day and a half.



Anyway, I don't let Emma watch too much TV. Usually it isn't more than fifteen or twenty minutes. That's about the longest she will sit and watch TV. I usually sit her down to watch the TV so I can get a few minutes to relax in the morning, or when I need to get a couple little tasks done.

Besides Higglytown Heroes, Emma also like to watch Little Einsteins. I also enjoy watching that. On the weekend we also watch The Wiggles and Sesame Street sometimes. Emma especially likes to watch the "Elmo's World" segment on Sesame Street. She gets really excited when she hears that theme song, and she pays attention for most of the "Elmo's World" segment. These shows can be fun to watch for me as well.

No comments: