5.23.2008

Neighborhood Crime

I like to think that our house in Cedar Rapids is a nice, quiet, and safe neighborhood, even though we are just a block and a half away from Mount Vernon Road, a major route of travel on the southeast side of town. Despite my feeling about the neighborhood, there has been some crime nearby on Mount Vernon Road since we have lived here. There have been two or three robberies of the banks or credit unions on the corner near our house. And now, the Mr. Movies that is just on the other side of Mount Vernon Road from us was robbed at gunpoint! Now don't anyone start accusing me of committing this robbery, not that anyone would seriously do so. I have an alibi for the time of the robbery as I was on the phone with a friend. Anyway, I still feel that this is a nice neighborhood.

No comments: