5.09.2008

Trip to Minnesota

Yesterday afternoon, Mel, Emma, and I all got into the truck and hit the road for a trip to Minnesota. Mel starts her new job in Mendota Heights in a couple of weeks and needed to come up to complete some paperwork. Since she had to drive up anyway, I suggested that we all go so we could begin searching for a house. So, while Mel was working on her paperwork, Emma and I met with a Realtor in the area to begin discussing what we would need in a house. Hopefully tomorrow we get a chance to look at some of the properties we identified today.

I spend much of the rest of the day at my sister's condo in Woodbury. She was hosting a garage sale today for the orchestra in which she plays. They had a lot of stuff to sell, and it seemed pretty busy for much of the day. She even made a sale a good hour and a half before she officially opened!

This evening, we all headed to the Don Pablo's restaurant in Woodbury for dinner. My sister really wanted to go there while we were in town, and we though it would be a great place to go, so we drove there. Unfortunately, when we got to the restaurant, we learned that the Don Pablo's location in Woodbury had closed! Because of that, we had to continue driving to find somewhere else to eat. We ended up going to Plaza Garibaldi‎, a Mexican restaurant in Oakdale instead.

When we got out of the truck in the parking lot at Plaza Garibaldi, we heads a hissing sound. Upon further examination, we discovered that One of the tires of the truck had a nail stuck in it, and that the tire was quickly losing air! After getting seated in the restaurant, I called a towing service to come out to change the tire. I have previously changed tires on cars, but never on a pickup truck. Anyway, I was very glad I called someone as the tow truck driver had a heck of a time getting the lug nuts off. He indicated that they had been over torqued the last time they were put on. We eventually got the tire replaced with the spare though, and were able to head back to my sister's condo for the evening.

No comments: