10.20.2007

Thirty-five

Today is my thirty-fifth birthday! We are not planning much to celebrate my birthday. We are going to be going to the Coral Ridge Mall today to go to the Build-a-Bear Workshop there to make a free stuffed animal up to $12 in value. I got a coupon from them a couple weeks ago for my birthday. I'll probably give the animal to Emma as I don't really have much use for an additional Build-a-Bear right now. I do have one that Mel gave to me for Saint Patrick's Day a couple years ago, but I think one is probably enough for me.

According to the Build-a-Bear coupon I received, this Sweetest Day weekend. As I had never heard of this "holiday" before, I did a little research. According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, Sweetest Day, which is the third Saturday of October, is celebrated mostly in the Great Lakes region and parts of northeastern United States. It is supposed to be an "occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember not only the sick, aged and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed." I have no plans on celebrating this holiday, which seems to me to have been invented only to promote candy sales, but I will still get my free, or discounted, stuffed animal.

We are also planning on going out to eat tonight for my birthday, but we haven't yet decided where to go. I would like to go somewhere that has food that won't ruin my diet. I am so close to my goal that even on my birthday, I do not want to overindulge.

Finally, I think today is the day that I will finally get to plant the flower bulbs that we received almost two weeks ago. I really need to get that done before it gets too cold, and I think the weather should cooperate today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday as of 12:10 AM this morning! from someone else who was there at the time

Anonymous said...

By the way, remember next year is the last year you're getting older for a while. LOL. Next year you're going to be turning 36 for the first time. ;-)

Later!
Anna

homercles said...

Happy belated birthday :)

Sorry I didn't say something sooner.

Brent said...

Happy Birthday!! If I'd known I would have baked you a...well, I would have let a restaurant make you some Prime Rib. You don't want my cooking!