10.29.2007

Room Service

We didn't wrap up today's work until around 6:40 this evening. After working eleven hours today, I decided to spend about an hour socializing with my coworkers and some of our committee members before returning to my room. With my regular Monday night television viewing beginning in just twenty minutes, I decided to order room service for the first time in my life. I ordered a tasty chicken quesadilla and an order of calamari. It was pretty cool having someone deliver food to my hotel room, despite the added expense. Actually it didn't cost any more than the already overpriced hotel food would have cost had I ordered it in the restaurant, although a seventeen percent tip was already included in the price. Besides, it doesn't really cost me anything as I get to put it on my expense report once I return to the office on Monday. Now that I have had dinner in my room, I will be able to get to work on some other work that I need to complete tonight, extending my eleven-hour workday further.

No comments: