10.27.2007

Company

Thursday evening I got a phone call from my sister asking if she could stay at our house this weekend. A couple of her friends in Denver, Colorado, were flying into Cedar Rapids so they could go to Iowa City to see the Iowa football game today and she wanted to come down from the Twin Cities to see them. Naturally we extended an invitation to her, as well as her friends, for the weekend. Mel has to work this weekend, so that meant that my sister got to go grocery shopping with Emma and me this morning. She seemed to enjoy pushing Emma around Wal-Mart in the shopping cart, and Emma seemed to enjoy it too, although she did spit up all over herself while we were at the checkout.

My sister's friends arrived early this afternoon, too late to go to the actual football game, but with enough time to see the end of the game on TV. Later this afternoon, the three of them went to Iowa City to relive their college days. My sister didn't go to school there, but the other two did.

No comments: