10.21.2007

A Good Birthday

I had a very good birthday yesterday. Mel, Emma, and I spent quite a bit of time at the Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville. After eating lunch in the food court, we made Emma a stuffed bunny at the Build-a-Bear workshop. After a couple of hours of wandering around the mall, we returned home. We ended up going to Applebee's for dinner. I had originally intended on having one of their Weight Watchers entrees, but I decided against it and ended up having a steak instead. They now allow you to choose two of several side dished to go along with the steak and one of a few different toppings. The steak was quite good. I also ended up getting dessert there. Instead one of their larger desserts, I had one of their new dessert shooters. It was a dessert in a large shot-glass-sized container. It was good, and it allowed be to have dessert without overindulging. This was good since Mel had baked a birthday cake for me. It was also quite tasty.

While I didn't get around to planting the flower bulbs yesterday, I did get them planted today. However, I couldn't put them all where I wanted as the ground was a bit too hard where I was attempting to plant half of the bulbs. So assuming that the bulbs all perform as I hope they do in the spring, we should have a very colorful front step to our house as all 108 bulbs are planted directly in front of the front steps to the house!

1 comment:

Brent said...

Happy Birthday!! You're looking great!