10.29.2007

Good Morning from Atlanta!

I woke up early this morning in my hotel room in Atlanta, Georgia, where I am all week for a business trip. I did not sleep very well last night as it was a bit warm. As I was getting ready for bed last night, I decided that it was too cold in my room, so I adjusted the thermostat. Unfortunately, the options were "warmer" or "colder," so I couldn't set it for a specific temperature as I would like to have done. Apparently I set it for too warm a temperature. Anyway, after waking several times during the night, I ended up getting out of bed at about 5:45. Normally I get up around 5:30 in the morning, but that is Central time, so I essentially got up 45 minutes earlier than I would otherwise. Hopefully I sleep better tonight.

Last night after I arrived at the hotel, I headed down to the hotel bar to get dinner as the restaurant was closed. While there I ran into a couple other people who are here for the same meeting I am here for. After talking with them for just a moment, I learned that one of them previously lived in Cedar Rapids, teaching for over twenty years at one of the Catholic middle schools in town during that time. So, I joined the two of them for dinner before returning to my room for the evening.

I had better finish getting ready as I am supposed to meet some others downstairs for breakfast in ten minutes.

No comments: