4.16.2007

Weekend Update

Mel and I had a good weekend. On Saturday, we met up with CC for lunch at Perkins. This was the first time we had gone out to eat with Emma, and things went pretty well. It helped that she slept through the whole experience. We are planning on going out to eat this coming Friday for dinner. Hopefully she does as well then as she did Saturday.

On Sunday we finally had the baby shower that had been postponed from early March due to the bad weather that shut down much of the state. We managed to stuff over twenty people into our living room. The shower was pretty fun. We played one game in which we had to identify different flavors of baby food. Most people only smelled the baby food or sampled an extremely small amount of it. I decided to take a big scoop of each of the foods. I figured it would be easier to identify the flavors if I was tasting a large amount of the foods. Some of the people in attendance thought that was disgusting, but I didn't understand that feeling. Babies eat the stuff all the time, so it must be edible and nutritious. I have to say that it really wasn't that bad, although the fruits were better tasting than the vegetables.

Mel and I also rented a couple of movies this weekend, and I don't think we could have possibly rented two movies that were as different from each other as the ones we got. The first movie we watched was The Illusionist. That was an excellent movie. I have to say that the end of the movie was a bit of a surprise to me. The other movie we rented was Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. That movie was not nearly as good as The Illusionist, in fact, it was pretty stupid. Now I have seen worse movies that Talladega Nights, for example Dude, Where's My Car? But I have also seen better movies that some people who I will not name here, believe are very dumb. The movie I am thinking of is another movie that stars Will Ferrell, Zoolander. Despite thinking that this Will Ferrell movie was very dumb, I would still like to see Blades of Glory. But I will not see that until it comes out on video.

4 comments:

Brent said...

I made the point, years ago, of tasting the food the my baby was eating. B L A N D!!

Yes, the fruits were better, but usually made their diapers FULL. As in "over-flowing". Or at least with my daughter, who had the hideous habit of pooping all over me while I changed her diaper!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Zoolander is a very stupid movie... unnamed person says. But, still willing to see Blades of Glory... Piratemel

Anonymous said...

Did you just get spammed? Oh my! They even spam your comments! That's crazy!

Later!
Anna

Aaron said...

I meant to delete the spam comment earlier. Now it is gone. Thanks for reminding me it was there.