4.26.2007

All Through the Night

I have returned from my brief hiatus from blogging. I've had a hard time finding the time to blog recently.

Emma actually slept through most of the night last night! We put her to bed between 9:00 and 9:30 last night and she didn't start making noises indicating that she was hungry until around 4:00 this morning! So, aside from the fact that I was a bit nervous to not be hearing from her at her usual time of between midnight and 2:00, I got a fairly good night's sleep.

Speaking of Emma, Mel took her to the pediatrician yesterday. A few weeks ago we noticed a red bump on her head. We didn't think much about at first, but is has been getting bigger over time. It's still not too big, but we thought that maybe having the doctor check it out would be a good idea. It turns out that it is hemangioma, which is a "a congenital benign skin lesion consisting of dense, usually elevated masses of dilated blood vessels." The doctor said that it should get bigger until Emma is about one year of age, then it should begin to disappear. By the time she's five years old, it should be completely gone.

Now on to me! After not being careful about what I've been eating, I signed up for the web version of WeightWatchers yesterday. It turns out that they have recently changed their program and I get significantly more points worth of food to eat each day. It's no wonder that I've always felt hungry while using WeightWatchers in the past. And now that I am paying for WeightWatchers, at least once my one-week free trial is over, I'll be more likely to actually follow the program. There's nothing I hate more than wasting money! Of course, that doesn't always stop me from wasting money, I'm just upset with myself when I do.

No comments: