4.02.2007

To the Doctor

Today was Emma's first trip to the pediatrician. She went for her two-week check-up. We had to wait a while in the waiting room before being able to see the doctor, but it was worth it. The doctor is very nice and very thorough, giving us plenty of opportunities to ask questions. We learned how Emma is developing. At two weeks, she is at the seventy-third percentile for height, the tenth percentile for weight, and the fiftieth percentile for head circumference. While I know these numbers will likely change, it looks like Emma may grow up to be fairly tall and lanky. Emma didn't get any vaccinations on this trip to the doctor, but she'll get some next time!

Now for another topic from my day today. This afternoon, I succumbed to peer pressure. Several people in the neighborhood had mowed their lawns today, so I decided that I had better do so as well. I am glad that I did, as the lawn will probably be very damp tomorrow considering the severe thunderstorm that is taking place as I write this.

Finally, tonight Mel ordered herself an iPod, and now I am a bit jealous! When I bought my iPod about a year and a half ago, I decided to go with the 4 GB iPod nano. While I have enjoyed it, I have found myself wishing that I had bought a full-sized iPod with video capability. Well, that's what Mel got. She didn't get the largest one available, but is still getting a 30 GB iPod. We ordered it tonight using the discount that I get through my job. I still get by with my nano, but if I ever find myself needing to replace it, I will definitely get an iPod with greater capacity!

No comments: