6.03.2009

Weight Loss

For a while now I have off and on recorded my progress at getting my weight down to a healthier level. I have not blogged about this recently though. The main reason is that I have not been doing too well at watching my weight for the past couple of months. I went to the doctor for a physical exam last month and he told me that I could stand to lose ten pounds, but otherwise I seem perfectly healthy. Since that time, I have probably gained a couple of pounds from unhealthy eating. So today I am once again committing myself to watching what I eat and to exercising more so I can lose those last ten to fifteen pounds.

I think that what is making watching what I eat to be difficult is that for much of the day, when I am at work, I am sitting about five feet from the refrigerator and from the cupboard where much of the available food in the house is kept. Maybe I should just close the door and pretend that the kitchen is not so close to me. Another problem with watching my weight as someone who works from home is that I do not tend to walk as much as I would when I worked in the office. To counter this problem, I either need to start walking more or make sure to exercise more regularly. Maybe I should start walking Emma to daycare in the morning. It is only a mile from home, so it would not take too long, but it would be some good exercise. If the weather is good tomorrow, and if Emma is ready to go when we need to go, we will definitely do that.

No comments: