10.08.2008

A Public Service Announcement

Those of you who have read my blog for some time, or who know me personally, know that I am a fan of "Weird Al" Yankovic. Well, within this morning I got an email from Mr. Yankovic himself informing me that he has a new single that is available for sale on iTunes. The song is titled "Whatever You Like" and is a parody of the song "Whatever You Like" by hip hop artist T.I. In T.I.'s original song, he talks about giving his girlfriend, or maybe it's just some girl he wants to hook up with, whatever she wants. Of course, he talks about giving her all sorts of extravagances. The Weird Al song is also about providing his female companion with whatever she wants, however the items he suggests take into account the current situation of the economy. They include such things as going out to dinner anywhere she pleases such as Burger King or Mickey D's, staying home and playing board games, splurging for the triple-ply toilet paper, and even buying day-old bagels.

I had not heard the T.I. song before listening to Weird Al's parody. I managed to find it on YouTube. I have to admit that listening to the original version of the song made me enjoy the parody even more.

No comments: