10.02.2008

Neighbors, Part 1

When we lived in Cedar Rapids, we lived in a terrific neighborhood. Everyone was really nice and looked out for each other. The neighborhood we live in now seems nice as well. It has been fairly quiet.

Last Saturday morning, before we left for the Renaissance Festival, I heard the noise from power tools coming from the yard behind ours. That yard had a small, homemade, wooden play structure in it, so I figured that they were adding on to it. Sunday morning, I discovered I was wrong. It looks like the neighbors behind us are adding a two-story structure to the rear of their back yard. From what I can see over the fence from our yard, I am guessing that they are going to use the ground floor of this structure as a garage or something of that kind. I am not sure what the top floor will be used for. I guess the view from the rear of our house will be forever changed.

No comments: