10.03.2008

Credit Card Dispute

This morning I called one of my credit card companies to dispute a couple of charges. This is the first time I have ever had to dispute a charge. In August, I got a call from one of the major newspapers in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area asking me if I would like to subscribe. I decided to go with their Thursday, Friday, Sunday subscription. After a couple of weeks, I still had not received any newspapers from them. I called the paper at the beginning of September to inquire about my subscription only to discover that they had no record of me. I was asked to fax to them a copy of the credit card statement that showed the charges. I did so and did not hear from them again. So on Monday of this week, I called again and eventually was told that they would have to send the issue to their accounting department as they had no record of the transaction or of me as a customer. I still have not heard back from them, nor have I received a newspaper. Because of this, I decided to call my credit card company to dispute the two charges; the newspaper charged my credit card, not once, but twice! My credit card company will be crediting the amounts to my bill and sending me the necessary paperwork. I do not think that the newspaper with which I was dealing can really stop the charges from being reversed as they have said themselves that they have no record of dealing with me. Needless to say, if I decided to subscribe to a newspaper here, it will not be the one with which I have had these issues!

No comments: