3.17.2008

Weekend with Emma

This past weekend was Mel's weekend to work again, so much of the weekend was just Emma and me. We did some shopping on Saturday, including buying one of her birthday presents. Because one of Mel's coworkers was alone this weekend with her boyfriend out of town and her son staying with a friend, Mel, Emma, and I joined this coworker for dinner Saturday night at Carlos O'Kelly's. We had a wonderful dinner, complete with margaritas. Before returning the coworker home, we went for ice cream nearby at Cold Stone Creamery. There I ran into a former student of mine. I did not recognize him until he called out "Mr. _____" which made me look at his name tag. Now I don't blame myself at all for not recognizing him. He is a junior in high school this year and I hadn't seen him since he was in sixth grade, so he looked vaguely familiar, but still quite a bit different.

Sunday, Emma and I continued our shopping by buying groceries and exchanging a dress that we had bought for her to wear for pictures of her that we will have taken next weekend, just after she turns one year old. Emma was a lot easier to take care of on Sunday. On Saturday she very reluctantly took a nap, and it wasn't a very long one. I was able to get Emma to take a more substantial nap on Sunday, which allowed me time to pay some bills. Hopefully she doesn't give me much trouble with going to bed this week when Mel works evenings.

No comments: