3.08.2008

Speaking of Idiots

Last night around 6:30, I was driving north on East Post Road in Cedar Rapids. I was travelling at 35 miles per hour, which is the speed limit on that road. For a significant distance, another car was following me quite closely. Then, while travelling along a particularly windy part of the road, the idiot decided to pass me! This was of course a no passing zone due to the limited distance that one could see ahead in the densely wooded area. So, to warn oncoming drivers of the potential danger, I blasted my horn during the entire time this asshole was passing me. And, to attempt to educate the driver as to the error of his ways, I gestured to him that I thought he was making a selfish, unwise, and dangerous maneuver with his vehicle. As soon as he got around me, he sped off. Of course, I caught up with him at a nearby stoplight. I guess his hazardous driving techniques did not help him to accomplish much!

No comments: