8.06.2007

Flying

I hate flying! Actually, it's not really the flying itself that I hate, it's the takeoffs and landings that I really dislike. I don't know why, but I get nervous about those parts of the flight. Besides taking off and landing, I really hate the experience of waiting for the flight. Both of the flights I was on today were delayed. My flight from Cedar Rapids to O'Hare was delayed by about half an hour. At that time, I was thankful that I had a layover there of about an hour and a half. Well, it turned out that I really had nothing to worry about as my flight from O'Hare to Philadelphia was delayed by almost two hours! That means that I ended up not arriving at the hotel until about 10:00. I had planned on arriving around 7:30, giving me time for dinner. As it was, I ended up having to grab something at O'Hare to eat on the plane. I suppose what I ended up grabbing, a chicken sandwich and a banana, was healthier than whatever I would have gotten when I got to the hotel, but I was kind of looking forward to ordering room service, which I have never done before. I guess I'll have to do that some other time.

I would much rather hop in the car and drive somewhere. Perhaps I just feel better when I am in control of the vehicle in which I am travelling. Riding on an airplane, I have absolutely no control. Of course, it's not practical to drive everywhere, and I don't dislike flying enough to keep me from doing it when it's the best way to get somewhere. I suppose I better get used to flying more as travel for the project I am working on now at work will necessitate flying. With the project I had been working on, all travel for me was by car. I liked that much more. However, now I'll have a chance to earn some frequent flyer miles on the company dime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you just admitted to being a bit of a control freak? lol. Wow. :D

Later!
Ana