12.23.2006

Running Errands

This morning I had some errands to run while Mel was at work. So after cleaning the house, I set out to get the jobs done. One of the first things I had to do was to go to a U.S. Cellular store to see why Mel's cell phone can't seem to maintain a charged battery. It ended up needing a new battery. We bought our cell phones last year on December 9. Had we bought them a couple weeks later, the replacement battery would have cost nothing, being covered by the one-year warranty. However, since the warranty expired fourteen days ago, I ended up shelling out fifty bucks for the new battery.

After leaving the U.S. Cellular store, I decided to check out Westdale Mall since it was across the street. Walking through the mall brought back memories of the times my friends Bill and Brad would take the bus to the mall on weekends when we were in junior high school. It was really quite sad. While going to the mall brought back these memories, it was disheartening seeing how empty Westdale Mall is now. I didn't count the vacant stores, but I would hazard to guess that the mall is over half empty. Across town, Lindale Mall seems to be doing quite well, but Westdale Mall seems to be languishing.

No comments: