12.30.2006

Goodbye FoxTrot

Bill Amend, the writer of one of my favorite comic strips, FoxTrot, has decided to cut back to Sundays only beginning tomorrow. So today was the last of the daily FoxTrots. I've enjoyed reading FoxTrot daily for quite some time now, probably since it was first published in 1988. I just hope the Cedar Rapids Gazette keeps in in the Sunday paper. I wonder though, what they will replace FoxTrot with in the daily papers. There were a couple of comic strips that I enjoyed reading in the Waterloo Courier when I lived there. One of them if Frazz, which focuses on the interactions between an elementary school janitor and the students and faculty of the school he works at. I do however get Frazz emailed to me daily, so I do still get to read it. Another comic strip that I enjoyed was Heart of the City, which frequently references Star Wars. I guess on Monday I'll find out what the Gazette does. While I will no longet see FoxTrot in my daily paper, I am still looking for a daily calendar for my desk at work. Perhaps the FoxTrot 2007 Day-to-Day Calendar will fill this need.

No comments: