8.28.2006

Who's the Idiot?

One of my pet peeves is signs that have incorrect spelling, grammar, or punctuation. One of the punctuation errors that I see quite often is the inappropriate usage of apostrophes. Here is one example of such an error. In this case, Marge Trowbridge, a supporter of President Bush, is holding a sign that says, "HELP! I'M→SuRRounded By Idiot's!" I noticed that she chose to use an apostrophe with the s, indicating that something belongs to an idiot. Of course, she means "Idiots" without an apostrophe. What's really ironic about this sign is that in trying to call others idiots, she pointed out her own ignorance regarding the correct usage of punctuation. Don't get me started on the use of the arrow. I don't know what the hell she's trying to accomplish with that.

No comments: