8.31.2006

iPod Songs

After hearing a song for the twenty-fourth time today on my iPod, I decided I would list the songs that have been played most frequently on my iPod. However, instead of listing the songs my name, I am going to list the first line or two of each song. Can you name the songs and the artists or where they are from? No cheating! I don't want anyone Googling the lyrics to find out the title. If the title of the song, or part of the titleof the song, appears in the first line or two, I will replace it with a blank. Please be aware, there may be some obscene lyrics below.

1. Played 24 times:
__________
If he was here right now,
He'd make a plan
And he'd follow through,
That's what __________.

2. Played 17 times:
One two three uh!
My baby don't mess around
Because she loves me so
And this I know for shooo..

3. Played 16 times:
Woo Hoo Hooooo?
Woo hoo wooooo!
Debbie just hit the wall
She never had it all

4. Played 15 times:
My gift is my __________
And this one's for you
And you can tell everybody
That this is __________

5. Played 14 times:
__________
__________
__________
Coming again, to save the mother __________ day yeah
__________
Freedom is the only way yeah

There is a for-way tie for sixth place.
6a. Played 12 times:
I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.


6b. Played 12 times:
Fuck, fuck, fuck
Motha motha fuck
Motha motha fuck fuck


6c. Played 12 times:
God has smiled upon you this day.
The fate of a nation in your hands.

6d. Played 12 times:
I get up, and nothing gets me down.
You got it tough. I've seen the toughest around.

Finally, there is a two-way tie for tenth place.
10a. Played 11 times:
Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before

10b. Played 11 times:
Ladies and Gentlemen
As you know we have something special for you
At Birdland this evening
A recording for Blue Note Records

So, if you know what these songs are, write a comment with the titles.

3 comments:

Sara said...

4. Your Song
6d. Jump

That is all I know.

Anonymous said...

Do you have the Moulin Rouge soundtrack on there? Your Song (4)? and then 11a which I can't name to save my life right now. Jump is in there (6d). Is #2 an Outkast song? I have a sneaking suspicion this selection has a lot of songs from movies. Would I be correct? You are such a nut. The first one is the song from South Park about what Brian Boitano would do. I see some Bowling for Soup in there too. Well, at least you didn't give us any 2LiveCrew. LOL.

Later.

Aaron said...

Here are the answers:

1. What Would Brian Boitano Do?South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut
2. Hey Ya! – OutKast
3. 1985 – Bowling for Soup
4. Your Song – Ewan McGregor from Moulin Rouge
5. America, F**k YeahTeam America: World Police
6a. Listen to Your Heart – D.H.T.
6b. Jay’s RapJay and Silent Bob Strike Back
6c. La ResistanceSouth Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut
6d. Jump – Van Halen
10a. Come What May – Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor from Moulin Rouge
10b. Cantaloop – Us3