8.27.2006

Kernels Game

Cedar Rapids KernelsMel and I went to a Cedar Rapids Kernels game last night. This was actually the first time I had ever been to a Kernels game. I had been to plenty of Cedar Rapids Reds games, but I hadn't attended any games at Veterans Memorial Stadium since the team was renamed the Kernels in 1993.

The reason we went was that my company was offering tickets to the game at a discounted price. These tickets included unlimited food and drinks through the seventh inning. So it was a pretty good deal. What I didn't realize until I went to get food though, was that the selection of food available at no additional cost was limited to hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, popcorn, and peanuts. We also had a selection of Bud Light or Miller Light as well as a fairly good selection of sodas. What Mel really wanted was nachos, so at one point during the game, I ended up wandering around the stadium to get her some. Our seats were in the Randy Kuehl Honfidence Pavilion behind the left field wall. It provided a different view than what I have been used to in going to baseball games. Most of the time we went when I was a kid, we sat along the first base line. Anyway, we had a good time watching the Kernels beat the Beloit Snappers 4 to 1.

No comments: