9.04.2009

Hi Neighbor!

I had a bit of a surprise yesterday as I was mowing the lawn. I was walking toward the back of the back yard with the lawn mower when all of a sudden I looked up to see a head peering over the fence at the rear of the yard. There was a boy who must have been three or four years old looking over the fence. I couldn't hear what he was saying since the lawn mower was running and since I was listening to my iPod. He did hold his hand out though as if he wanted me to give him five, so I did as I passed. On my next pass by where he was, he held out his arm with his hand in a fist as if he was looking for a fist bump, so I obliged. I did shut off the lawn mower to say hello, but his words were kind of hard to understand, so I told him that I had to get back to mowing the lawn. As I continued mowing the lawn, he kept watching. Occasionally he would disappear only to reappear a few moments later. He did leave before I finished mowing the back yard. I should have asked him his age and name as he could possibly make a good playmate for Emma. I have a feeling I will be seeing him again, maybe the next time I mow the lawn.

No comments: