9.08.2009

Airport Pickup

Tonight I picked my sister up from the Minneapolis - Saint Paul International Airport. Since her flight was delayed, I arrived early. Not wanting to drive in circles for half an hour, and not wanting to pay for parking, I decided to park in the free cell phone parking lot by the Humphrey terminal. While I was parked in that parking lot, I noticed that the first and last of the thirty-nine parking spaces were designated as handicapped parking spaces. This left me to wonder why this particular parking lot would need to have any handicapped parking spaces. There were absolutely no buildings nearby to which someone would walk, and you can not just leave your car in the lot. The only purpose for the parking lot is to be a place in which to park for free while waiting for someone to telephone from the airport terminal to let you know that he or she has arrived and is ready to be picked up. I suppose the handicapped parking spaces were there because some law requires a certain portion of every parking lot to have such spaces, but in this instance, there did not seem to be the need. I guess they were closer to the trash cans, but really, who goes to the cell phone parking lot at the airport to use the trash can?

No comments: