2.17.2008

Stuck At Home

Mel had to brave the elements to get to work today during the mid-February snowstorm we had today, but Emma and I had nowhere to go, so we stayed home all day. Fortunately we went grocery shopping yesterday in anticipation of this storm, otherwise we would have had to venture out in the icky weather conditions we are experiencing. I had been hoping to get out to join my friend Bill for lunch today, but the ice and snow put an end to those plans even before they were finalized.

As it is, Emma and I have had a pretty good day so far, although she did wake up around 5:20 this morning! She did take a nap for a couple hours this morning which allowed me to take a shower and check my email. We played with her toys and chased each other around the house for a while this morning. The only times she really got cranky was when she was hungry. She has been napping for the past two and a half hours this afternoon, so she will probably be waking up any time now. Fortunately Mel is getting off from work in about 10 minutes, but it will definitely take her longer than usual to get home.

No comments: